Monday, November 18, 2013

Getting Crafty

Since Vivian has gotten a little older, I'm finding it easier to find a little more time for myself to work on some crafts and sewing projects.  I'm so happy that I've reconnected with my sewing machine again.  I've missed it so much.  For some time I've been wanting to sew something, anything with an elastic waist for my kids.  I didn't know if I could do it.  I asked several different people advice on how to do it, but after finding this blog, I knew not even I could mess this up.

I made a skirt for Lila and I took a stab at making some "Matilda Jane" style pants for Vivi, of course with an elastic waist. :)

Ok so the skirt was one of the easiest projects I've ever done.  Lila is going to have more skirts than she knows what to do with.  The pants were a little more work, but really only because of the ruffle cuff at the bottom.  I honestly think that ruffle cuffs are one of those things that once you do a few, it's get way easier.  I hope so at least.

I've got a couple other things that I'm going to try as time allows, but I'd like to perfect these two items before moving on to something else.  I'd love to hear what y'all think I should try next!


No comments:

Post a Comment