Friday, March 14, 2014

A 3 Year Old and a 10 Month Old

Sometimes I walk in the living room and Lila and Vivian are just playing in their kitchen or watching TV or playing with toys in the floor.  It warms my heart to know how much they love each other.  Then they fight.  I know, I know, it's only just beginning!

It's funny how different kids can be.  When Lila was little, well, little-r, she was much more independent.  She would sit and play by herself, no crying, no whining.  Vivi on the other hand, constantly crawls after me climbing up my legs, pulling my pants down and just wanting up, wanting to be held...ALL.THE.TIME!

It seems that these two can get into trouble in no time.  The other day I left them in the living room watching TV and playing.  I went in the kitchen to start supper.  When I came back in the living room, Vivian had EVERYTHING pulled out of their kitchen, play cookies and cupcakes, play pots and pans, every other toy that was in there too.  I thought, "how in the world can this child do this so fast?".  My next thought was, "Where is Lila?".  LOL  She had snuck into the corner with her lip gloss and was "painting her finger nails and toe nails" with her glitter lip gloss.  Are you kidding me?  It was all over the place.  Lord grant me patience!!!

To make me feel a little bit better, knowing that this doesn't only happen to me, my husband had the girls the other day.  He left them alone for a few minutes to get a bedroom picked up.  He comes back out to find that Vivian had gotten into the dogs water bowl and splashed water everywhere and Lila had dumped her hair bands and barrettes in the floor to fill the holder up with water from the bathroom sink.  LOL  I can see my 10 month old doing this, she doesn't know right from wrong, but my 3 year old?  C'mon!  I guess she's just at that age....I'm sure she'll be "at that age" for years!

I also thought the other day how glad I was to have girls because you always hear things about boys playing in the bathroom and getting in the toilet, throwing things in it, etc...  Well yesterday I find out that Vivian had done just that!  And to make it worse, Lila had just pee peed and, in typical fashion, didn't flush.  So here's Vivi standing and splashing in pee water.  I can't even imagine if I was home.  Bath time IMMEDIATELY!!!

The fun times have just started, and I know, are probably going to get more "fun".  I think I need to rethink what the definition of FUN is.  :)





1 comment:

  1. they are too cute and getting so big! you will want to remember all those stories for good laughs when they are older :)

    ReplyDelete